Jackie's Petitions

Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Petitions for 11/27/05

MS Word file containing this week's petitions.

Also, I just wanted to mention to James/whomever that the request for the insertion of a specific prayer in the 11/20 petitions was made after I wrote them, and presumably after they were passed on to whoever reads them at that mass?  So yeah...I think it was out of my hands at that point.  Sorry!

First Sunday of Advent
Cycle A: November 27, 2005
General Intercessions

Our Response is Lord, Hear our Prayer

For the Church:
that we will not be carried by our guilt, but will instead call upon the name of the Lord as we wait for his return, we pray:
Lord, Hear our Prayer

For the growth of peace: that God will help leaders of nations to take great risks to establish peace and justice in the world
Lord, Hear our Prayer

For all who are seeking employment: that God will lead them to opportunities to use their gifts and talents in life-giving and productive ways, we pray:
Lord, Hear our Prayer

For those who are discerning:
That the Lord will reveal his face to them and reveal his plan for their future, we pray:
Lord, Hear our Prayer

For the members and friends of St. Paul’s:
That we will act faithfully as the work of God’s hands in all facets of our lives, we pray:
Lord, Hear our Prayer

For the silent prayers of our hearts and for any special prayers you wish to mention now…
(Pause for others to pray and for the priest to conclude with prayer)

2 Comments:

  • At 12:07 PM, Blogger My Daily Struggles said…

    When will you learn? God doesn't want to get involved!

     
  • At 12:12 PM, Blogger mystickeeper said…

    Well, Gary, I don't think either of us can answer that question. Unless you are, in fact, God, which I don't dispute is entirely possible.

    I try to keep the prayers to things like asking for strength, for wisdom, for peace, etc. I know that I can turn to God and find these things. Or maybe you're right, and I find them in myself.

    Either way, does it hurt to try?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home